* 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 3 pieces bird’s eye chilies, sliced
* 1 kilo pork, sliced into cubes
* 1 cup tomato sauce
* 1 tbsp. white sugar
* ½ cup soy sauce
* 1 cup water
* 1 large potato, diced
* 1 medium carrot, diced
* salt (to taste)
1) Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Sauté garlic, onion and bird’s eye chilies.
2) Add the pork. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
3) Pour in tomato sauce, sugar, soy sauce and water. Let it simmer for 30 minutes to an hour or until meat is tender. Add water as necessary.
4) Add the potatoes and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer again for 5 to 10 minutes.