* 1 (400 gram) can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained, mashed
* 3 large eggs
* 3 tbsp. oil
* 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
* 2/3 cup brown sugar
* ½ cup cocoa powder
* ½ tsp. baking soda
* ¼ tsp. salt
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus extra for topping
* ½ cup walnuts, whole
1) Pre-heat oven to 350◦F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray with oil. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, using a whisk, mix beans, eggs, oil, vanilla extract and sugar together until well combined. Sift cocoa powder and baking soda over the mixture then add salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture using a spatula.
3) Add chocolate chips and fold in until just blended. Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan. Arrange walnuts on top.
4) Bake in the pre-heated oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle emerges cleanly (discounting chocolate from the chocolate chips), about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before removing parchment and cutting brownies into squares. Store in an air-tight container.