* 250 grams ground beef
* 1 medium white onion, minced
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
* 1 cup cabbage, shredded
* 3 tbsp taco seasoning (use McCormick)
* egg white, from 1 egg
* 16 pieces lumpia wrappers (6×6-inch wrappers)
* 100 grams quick melting cheese, sliced into ½-inch thick sticks
* vegetable oil
* ½ cup store bought salsa
* hot sauce (to serve)
* sour cream (to serve)
1) Combine beef, onions, parsley, cabbage, taco seasoning and egg white; mix well.
2) Lay a lumpia wrapper on a flat surface. Place 1 tablespoon beef mixture on the center then top with a cheese stick. Fold bottom and sides of the wrapper then roll tightly. Dab edges with water to seal. Repeat with the rest of the beef mixture.
3) Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Fry lumpia in batches until golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on a wire rack. Let cool for at least 2 minutes. Serve warm with salsa, hot sauce and sour cream.