Yellow Curry Crab
* leeks, use one bunch, green parts only
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed, plus 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
* 1 tsp black peppercorns
* ½ kilo mud crabs (alimango), crushed
*2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 tbsp white onion, chopped
* 2 tbsp sliced ginger
* 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
* 1 can coconut milk, use 400 gram can
* 1 green finger chili (siling pang sigang)
* ½ cup red bell peppers, cubed
* 2 tsp fish sauce (patis)
* cilantro leaves (to garnish)
1) Fill a pot with enough water to cover crabs. Bring to a boil. Add leeks, crushed garlic and peppercorns. Add crabs and simmer until cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove crabs from pot and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat. Sauté onions, chopped garlic, ginger and curry powder.
3) Add coconut milk, chili and bell peppers; simmer for 2 minutes. Season to taste with fish sauce, salt and pepper.
4) Add crabs to the wok. (Note: Alternatively, you can pour the sauce over the crabs right before serving.) Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with mantou buns, if desired.