Beef and Baby Corn Stir Fry
* ½ cup water
* 3 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 tbsp cornstarch
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 onion, chopped
* ½ kilogram beef sirloin, thinly sliced
* 1 tbsp sesame oil
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 (425 gram) can baby corn
* 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
* salt (to taste)
1) Dissolve cornstarch in water and soy sauce.
2) Heat vegetable oil in a medium-sized pan and sauté garlic and onion. Cook until translucent.
3) Add beef sirloin.
4) Pour the soy sauce mixture over the beef. Cook until meat is tender. Add ½ cup water if the mixture becomes too dry.
5) Add the sesame oil, sugar, baby corn and red bell pepper and stir-fry. Cook until the soy sauce mixture has thickened and vegetables are cooked through. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with steamed rice (optional).