Linguine with Bottled Sardines
* 400 grams linguine noodles
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup breadcrumbs
* 2 medium lemons, zested and sliced into wedges
* 2 tbsp parsley, plus extra to garnish
* 1 (150 gram) bottle sardines
* ¼ cup parmesan cheese, plus more (to serve)
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant. Add breadcrumbs and toast until golden. Remove from heat. Add lemon zest and parsley. Set aside.
3) In the same pan, heat sardines just until warmed through. Break them up into smaller pieces. Toss in pasta.
4) Add breadcrumb mixture and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges and more parmesan cheese on the side.