Crispy Ham and Cheese Dumplings
* 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
* ½ cup smoked ham
* 20 (6-inch) sheets lumpia wrappers
* 10 green onions, green parts only, cut in half
* vegetable oil (to fry)
* sweet chili sauce (to serve)
1) Combine cheese and ham in a food processor. Whiz until well combined.
2) Scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture and form into a ball. Place on the center of a lumpia wrapper. Gather edges of the wrapper and pinch together to form a pouch. Tie with a green onion strip. Repeat with remaining ingredients. (Note: To make tying easier, you can blanch the green onions first.
3) Heat oil in a saucepan for deep frying (about 350◦F). Fry balls in batches until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels.
4) Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce on the side.