* 2 tbsp cooking oil
* 1 piece onion, quartered
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* ½ kilo beef brisket, cubed
* ½ kilo pork belly (liempo), cubed
* ½ kilo chicken legs
* 2 pieces tomato, sliced
* 2 cups water
* 2 tbsp fish sauce
* 1 (250 mg) can tomato sauce
* 2 pieces potatoes, halved
* 2 pieces plantain banana, sliced
* 1 bunch pechay (Chinese leafy cabbage)
* ¼ head of cabbage
1) Heat oil in a deep pot. Sauté the onion and garlic. Add the beef, pork, and chicken. Stir in the tomatoes and continue to cook until all the meat has browned.
2) Pour the water and bring to a boil. Add in the fish sauce, tomato sauce, and potatoes. Simmer while the pot is covered until all the meat is tender (about 30 minutes). Season according to your taste by adding either salt or more fish sauce.
3) Add the sliced banana and continue to cook until bananas are tender. Add the pechay and cabbage, turn off the heat and cover. Let it stand for about 5 minutes before serving.