Spaghetti and Meatballs
* 3 slices bread, made into breadcrumbs
* 1/3 cup fresh milk, or as needed
* 1 (500 gram) pack spaghetti noodles
* 3 tbsp olive oil
* 1 medium white onion, peeled, chopped
* 2 tbsp tomato paste
* 1 (800 gram) can whole peeled tomatoes
* ¼ kilo ground pork
* ¼ kilo ground beef
* 4 slices bacon, chopped
* 1/3 cup parsley leaves, chopped
* 1 large egg
* 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* oil (for deep frying)
1) In a large wet breadcrumbs with milk. Set aside. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain. Keep warm.
2) Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté onion until translucent. Transfer half the onions to the bread mixture. Stir tomato paste into the pan. Add tomatoes, breaking up the fruit. Stir tomato paste into the pan. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Set aside.
3) Prepare pot for deep frying. Then, mix wet breadcrumbs (will look like paste) , onions, ground meats, bacon, parsley, egg and Parmesan cheese. Test for seasoning by cooking a small portion; adjust as needed. Using an ice cream scoop, make 20 2-inch round meatballs. Deep fry meatballs until browned. Drain on a rack over paper towels.
4) Toss cooked spaghetti with tomato sauce. Serve with meatballs.