Spicy Curry Noodles
* 340 grams spaghetti
* 2 tbsp oil
* 1 small red onion, peeled, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
* 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
* 3 tsp red Thai curry paste
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* ½ cup coconut milk
* ¼ cup basil leaves, chopped
* 1 cup snow peas (sitsaro), halved diagonally
* 2 scallions, cut into ½-inch lengths
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Bring a pot of water, salted, to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and keep warm. Set aside.
2) Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over low heat, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic and ginger until aromatic. Add curry paste and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer, stirring to mix in curry.
3) Pour in coconut milk and bring to a simmer again. Add cooked pasta, basil and snow peas and toss to mix. Taste (as some curry pastes are salted) and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
4) Divide into bowls and top with scallions. Serve while hot.