French Onion Soup
* 2 cups white onion, sliced
* 3 tbsp butter
* 3 tbsp port wine
* 4 cups chicken stock
* 3 pieces bay leaf
* 4 slices baguette (French bread) , cubed and oven-dried
* ¾ cup gruyere cheese, grated
1) Pre-heat oven to 350◦F.
2) Sauté onions in butter over medium low heat until dark brown in color.
3) Add wine, chicken stock, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 hour.
4) Ladle the broth into oven-proof soup bowls. Top with croutons then cover with grated cheese. Cook in oven until golden brown. Serve immediately.