* 1 ¾ cup milk, divided
* ½ cup chocolate cake mix
* 5 teaspoons white sugar
* 4 eggs, yolks only
* 2 tbsp unflavored gelatin
1) Scald 1 ¼ cups milk in a saucepan over low to medium heat.
2) In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together chocolate cake mix and sugar until combined. Stir in egg yolks and ½ cup milk and whisk until combined.
3) Temper the egg yolk mixture by slowly pouring the scalded milk over it while constantly mixing. Return the mixture into the saucepan and cook over the medium heat until very thick. Season with a pinch of salt and take it off the heat.
4) Pour the mixture through a sieve and then mix in the gelatin. Pour into 3 ramekins or small bowls. Chill for 3 hours or overnight before serving.