Chicken and Squash with Rice
* 2 tbsp oil
* 2 tbsp butter
* 1 small red onion, peeled, chopped
* 5 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
* 1 cup pumpkin or squash , rind removed, cubed
* ¼ kilo chicken thigh fillets, cubed
* 1 tsp paprika
* ½ tsp dried sage
* 1 tsp red pepper flakes
* 2 (100 gram) packs black beans, drained, rinsed well
* 1 cup chickpeas , thawed
* ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Heat oil in a large wok over medium heat. Add and melt butter. Add onion and cook until softened. Add garlic and cook until softened.
2) Toss pumpkin with salt and pepper and add to the wok. Cook, stirring regularly, until softened.
3) Season chicken chunks with salt , ground black pepper , paprika and sage. Add to the wok and cook, stirring, until opaque and cooked through. Season with red pepper flakes, if you like.
4) Add blackbeans, chickpeas and peas. Toss to coat and cook until heated through. Season to taste. Serve with a side of rice.