Tomato and Spam Pasta
* 400 grams spaghetti
* 2 tbsp oil
* 1 medium red onion, sliced
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
* 1 (340 gram) can spam, cubed
* 1 (400 gram) can diced tomatoes
* ½ tsp dried basil leaves
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* ½ tsp dried chili flakes
* 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
* ½ cup all purpose cream
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Bring a pot of water, salted, to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
2) In a large wok over medium heat, heat oil then sauté onion, then garlic, until softened. Add Spam and cook until heated through. Dump canned tomatoes, including juices, in the can, and herbs into the wok. Cook, crushing tomatoes, until mixture begins to simmer. Stir in tomato pesto and cream. Season to taste. Cook until heated through.
3) Divide cooked pasta into the bowls and top with chunky sauce. Sprinkle with basil leaves and Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.