Squash Pancakes with Peanut Butter Drizzle
* ¼ cup butter
* 2 cups pumpkin, or squash, cut into small cubes
* 1 (200 gram) pancake mix
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
* ¼ tsp ground cloves
* ½ tsp ground all spice
* 1 medium egg
* 2 tbsp oil
* ½ cup milk
* salt (to taste)
* butter, for frying and serving
1) Melt butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Lightly season pumpkin chunks with salt. Add to the pan and cook until tender, stirring regularly. Mash. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Wipe pan clean. Set aside.
2) Whish the pancake mix and spices in a large bowl.
3) Beat egg, oil, milk and pumpkin in the bowl of a food processor until pumpkin is mixed in. Dump pancake mixture into the food processor and process until the mixture is just combined. Mixture will be thick.
4) Re-heat the frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan surface with butter. Pour ½ cup batter onto the pan. Cook until pancake’s surface bubbles and the bottom is firm. Flip and cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter.
5) Serve pancakes with butter and peanut butter drizzle.