Mac and Cheese with Ham
* 300 grams shell pasta
* ¼ cup butter
* 1 small red onion, peeled , sliced thinly
* 1 (400 gram) can sweet corn kernels, drained
* 4 slices ham, sliced into squares
* 1 small head broccoli, florets only
* 1 (298 gram) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 (115 gram) pack cheese spread
* parmesan cheese, grated (to serve)
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Heat a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Salt the water and add pasta. Cook until al dente. Drain and keep warm. Set aside.
2) Meanwhile, in a medium pot over medium heat, melt butter and sauté onion until translucent. Add corn, ham, then broccoli and cook, stirring, until corn and ham are heated and broccoli is bright green. Add mushroom soup and cheese spread into the pot. Melt cheese and soup, using a whisk to break up lumps and combine the two.
3) Add cooked pasta into the pot with mushroom-cheese mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to mix thoroughly. Season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Serve in bowls, while hot, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.