Fresh Crab Salad
* 4 green finger chilies (siling pangsigang)
* 2 tbsp fish sauce
* 3 tbsp taba ng talangka (use Navarro’s)
* ½ cup fresh coconut milk
* 1 tbsp calamansi juice
* 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
* 1 tbsp sugar
* ½ cup water
* 3 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
* ¼ cup fresh calamansi juice
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 3 tbsp sugar
* 2 pieces cilantro roots
* 1 cup fresh lump crab
* 2/3 cup Japanese cucumbers, sliced thinly
* ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes, rounds
* 1 cup lollo rosso lettuce, sliced thinly
* vermicelli noodles (sotanghon), fried (to garnish)
1) Make the coconut dressing: Roast chilies over open until flame until charred. Place chilies in a bowl and cover to steam. When chilies are cool enough to handle, peel off charred skin and remove seeds.
2) Make the base dressing: Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 7 minutes , stirring to dissolve sugar. Discard cilantro root; let cool.
3) Place crab, cucumbers, tomatoes and lettuce in a large bowl. Add 1 cup base dressing and toss to combine. Divide salad among bowls. Top with cold coconut dressing. Save the rest of the dressing for another use. Garnish with fried vermicelli noodles. Garnish with edible flowers, if desired.