Prawns in Fresh Tomato Pasta
* 340 grams linguine noodles
* ¼ cup butter
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
* 10 large prawns, peeled, with heads and tails left on, de-veined
* ¾ cup white wine, fruity, semi-sweet
* 10 ripe native tomatoes, cored, chopped
* 1 tsp sugar
* ½ cup green olives, sliced
* ½ cup black olives, sliced
* ¼ cup capers, drained
* 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Bring a pot of water, salted, to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and keep warm. Set aside.
2) Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add prawns to the skillet with garlic. Cook, stirring and turning prawns regularly, until prawns are opaque on both sides. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove prawns from the butter using tongs and set aside.
3) In the leftover butter in the skillet, add wine and bring to a simmer. Cook until only ¼ of the liquid remains or until alcohol has evaporated. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally while breaking the tomatoes using the back of a spoon. Cook until tomatoes turn into a sauce, which should thicken slightly. Stir in sugar, olives and capers. Toss in pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve pasta with prawns.