Marinated Roast Chicken
* 2 cups water
* 2 tbsp instant coffee, dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
* ¼ cup salt
* 1 tsp ground black pepper
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* zest from 1 orange
* 3 tbsp sugar
* 3 cloves garlic, finely smashed
* 1 tsp red pepper flakes
* 1 ½ kilo whole chicken
* 1 tbsp oil
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Mix ingredients: water, coffee, salt, pepper, cinnamon, zest, sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes. Put mixture in large container, with a lid, before adding the chicken in. Cover, and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2) Pre-heat oven at the highest setting.
3) Remove chicken from the mixture and pat dry. Discard marinade. Rub chicken with oil, salt and ground black pepper. Transfer chicken to a roasting pan; place in the pre-heated oven. Turn down temperature to 350◦F and roast chicken until internal temperature is 155◦F. Remove from oven and let rest at least 10 minutes before carving. Serve while hot.