Fried Chicken Strips
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 2 (72 gram) bags chips, cheese-flavored, nacho
* 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
* 1 tsp salt, or to taste
* ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
* 1/3 cup all purpose flour
* ½ cup yogurt
* ¼ cup milk
* 4 large chicken breast fillets, cut into large strips
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* sour cream (to serve)
* 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped (to serve)
* oil (for frying)
1) Place oats and chips in a food processor and process for 20 seconds or until coarsely ground; transfer to a shallow bowl. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2) Place flour in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and ground pepper. Mix yogurt and milk in a medium bowl. Season chicken strips with salt and ground black pepper.
3) Prepare breading station: Place in order, starting with the flour, then yogurt and finally, the chip mixture. Grab a chicken strip and toss in flour. Then dunk in yogurt mix. Roll in the chip mixture until covered completely. Transfer to a baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken strips until all are breaded. Set aside.
4) Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Pour enough oil to reach halfway up the sides of a pan. In batches, place chicken strips into the hot oil and fry until both sides are cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
5) Mix sour cream and cilantro in a small bowl. Serve chicken strips immediately with the sour cream dip.