Red Velvet Cheesecake
* 1 cup cream cheese, softened
* ½ cup sugar
* 3 tbsp Dutch processed cocoa powder
* 2 tbsp red food coloring, liquid
* 2 large egg yolks
* 1 large egg
* ½ cup whipping cream
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder
* ¾ cup cream cheese
* ¾ cup plain yogurt
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 2 tbsp lemon juice
* white chocolate, covered (to top)
1) Pre-heat the oven to 300°F. Grease the bottom of a 7-inch round springform pan with shortening and line with parchment paper.
2) Make the first layer: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder and red food coloring. Beat until sugar has dissolved. Add yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add whole egg and mix well. Add cream and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
3) Pour batter into prepared pan. Place pan in a large, deep baking pan and pour in boiling water until halfway up the sides of the round pan. Place pans in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove pans from oven and let round pan cool on a wire rack. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
4) Make the second layer: Dissolve gelatin in ¼ cup cold water; bloom for 2 minutes.
5) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until softened.
6) Heat gelatin in the microwave or in a small saucepan until melted. Cool for 2 minutes.
7) Add gelatin, yogurt , sugar and lemon juice to cream cheese; mix until well incorporated.
8) Pour cream cheese mixture over the first layer in the round pan. Cover pan with foil and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before unmolding.
9) Top with grated white chocolate. Serve chilled.