* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 1 small red onion, peeled, quartered
* 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled, cut into sticks
* ½ kilo pork pigue, cubed
* 4 cups water, hugas bigas
* 2 pieces chayote, or green papaya, peeled , cut into wedges
* 1 tbsp patis, or to taste
* 1 cup malunggay leaves
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) In a medium size pressure cooker over medium heat, heat oil. Sauté onion and ginger until fragrant.
2) Add pork cubes. Lightly brown pork pieces on all sides. Pour in hugas bigas or just enough water to cover 1 inch over the meat. Bring to a boil, then simmer, skimming off scum as it rises to the surface. Cover, then lock lid; simmer 20 minutes or until just tender. Release pressure before opening pot.
3) Add chayote (or papaya).Bring back to a boil, and simmer only until vegetables are tender. Season liquid with patis, to taste. Stir in malunggay leaves just before serving. Serve with steamed rice while hot.