Corned Beef Lasagna
* 2 tbsp oil
* 1 medium red onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, chopped
* 1 tsp Italian seasoning
* 1 tsp tomato paste
* 1 can diced tomatoes, around 800 grams
* 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* 1 tsp sugar
* ½ cup water
* 1 beef bouillon cube
* 2 cups corned beef, drained
* 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
* ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
* 8 lasagna sheets, uncooked
1) Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2) Make tomato sauce: In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, then garlic, until both are softened. Sprinkle Italian seasoning. Stir in tomato paste and cook until pastiness has been cooked off. Add diced tomatoes and water; stir to mix. Sprinkle salt, ground black pepper and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Add bouillon cube in mixture; stir to dissolve. Remove from heat and set aside.
3) In a small bowl, mix mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
4) Layer lasagna: Spread ½ cup tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9-inch round baking dish. Place a layer of lasagna sheets. Cover with tomato sauce , spread corned beef mixture over tomato sauce and sprinkle mozzarella mix. Top with lasagna sheets. Repeat with remaining lasagna sheets, tomato sauce and end with mozzarella mix until baking dish is full.
5) Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until noodles are softened. Slice and serve.