Old Bay Seasoned Camaron
* ½ can all purpose flour
* ½ cup cornstarch
* 2 tsp old bay seasoning, divided
* ¾ cup water, old bay seasoning
* 1 kilo tiger prawns, deveined, head and shells removed
* ½ cup mayonnaise
* 1 tbsp milk
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* oil (for frying)
1) Pre-heat a deep sauté pan over medium heat with enough oil to reach about halfway up the sides.
2) Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix flour, cornstarch , 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning and water with a whisk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3) Once oil is hot enough, grab a prawn by the tail and dip in the batter, letting any excess drip off. Gently place in the hot oil and cook until browned and prawns are lighter in weight. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining prawns and batter.
4) Make the dip: In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, milk and remaining Old Bay. Serve with camaron.