* 1 ¾ cup cake flour
* ½ cup caster sugar, divided
* ¾ cup powdered milk
* 1 tbsp baking powder
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ cup butter, cut into 16 pieces
* ½ cup canola oil
* 4 large eggs, separated
* ¼ cup condensed milk
* 1 cup fresh milk
* 1 tbsp vanilla extract
* 3 chocolate trees (for garnish)
* 1/3 cup fresh milk, hot
* 1 ¼ cup powdered milk
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
* 1 cup butter, softened
1) Pre-heat oven to 325◦F. Grease , flour and line bottoms of 3 6-inch pans.
2) Meanwhile, sift flour into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add ¼ cup sugar, powdered milk, baking powder and salt. With the mixer running, add butter, one piece at a time. Pour in canola oil. Increase speed to Medium until mixture forms clumps. Decrease speed to Low.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks, condensed milk, fresh milk and vanilla. With mixer running, gradually pour egg mixture into butter mixture. Gradually increase speed to Medium until mixed.
4) In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites, on Medium-High until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar; whisk until stiff. Fold into batter in 3 batches using a spatula.
5) Divide batter among pans. Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick emerges from a cake with few crumbs. Turn upside down on racks until cool.
6) Meanwhile, make Buttercream: Mix hot milk and powdered milk; cool. Beat butter on medium speed. Add milk mixture and vanilla; beat until mixed. Add powdered sugar in batches, beating well after each addition. Increase speed to High; beat until smooth and creamy.
7) To assemble cake: Spread milk buttercream between layers; cover with crumb coat. Chill until hardened. Frost cake with remaining buttercream. Place white chocolate trees on top of cake. Chill until firm; slice and serve.