* 1 cup all purpose flour
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
* ½ tsp baking soda
* ¼ tsp salt
* ¾ cup sugar
* ½ cup vegetable oil
* ½ tsp vanilla extract
* 2 small eggs
* 1 cup carrots, peeled and grated
* ½ cup zucchini, grated
* ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
* 1 tbsp butter, at room temperature
* ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar, plus extra, to dust
* 1/8 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1) Pre-heat oven to 350◦F. Line an 8×5-inch baking pan with parchment.
2) Mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
3) Mix sugar, oil and vanilla in another bowl. Mix in eggs one at a time.
4) Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix just until combined.
5) Fold in carrots and zucchini.
6) Pour batter into pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool before slicing into squares.
7) Make the frosting: Mix cream cheese and butter until combined. Add sugar and cocoa; mix until smooth. Spread on top of bars. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.