* 4 pork chops, butterflied, skin and fat removed
* 2 tsp sesame oil
* ½ cup all purpose flour
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs
* tonkatsu sauce (to serve)
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* oil (for pan frying)
1) Flatten pork chops then pound until thin, using the flat side of a meat mallet. Rub sesame oil into pork chops, then season with salt and ground black pepper on both sides.
2) Prepare the breading station: Lightly dredge pork chops in flour, dunk in egg, then into panko breadcrumbs. Press breadcrumbs on the surface if needed. Repeat with remaining pork chops.
3) Heat a frying pan with enough oil for pan-frying over medium heat. Pan fry pork chops in hot oil until browned on both sides and pork is cooked through. Drain on a rack over paper towels. Set aside.
4) To serve, fill 4 bowls with steamed rice. Cut each pork chop into strips on a cutting board. Place on top of rice and drizzle with tonkatsu sauce. Serve with more sauce on the side.