* 1 ¼ cups white rice, long grain
* 2 ½ inch sticks cinnamon
* 1 cup almonds, blanched, sliced, toasted and cooled
* 4 cups water
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 (2-inch long) strip lime zest
* 1 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
1) Grind long grain white rice and cinnamon in a food processor until powdery. Place in a large pitcher; set aside. Grind blanched almonds in a food processor until fine. Add almond powder to rice-cinnamon mixture.
2) Pour in water; mix. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 12 hours. Add sugar and lime zest to the mixture. Pour into a blender and whiz until smooth. Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer over a pitcher. Use a rubber spatula to press on the solids, extracting all of the liquid. Discard solids.
3) Stir in freshly squeezed lime juice into the horchata mixture. Serve over ice.