Pork Chops with Corn
* 4 pork chops, butterflied
* 1 tsp ground sage
* ¼ cup butter, divided
* 1 cup sweet kernel corn, drained
* ¼ cup pimiento, chopped finely
* 1 tsp orange zest
* 1 tsp rosemary leaves
* ¾ cup pork stock, divided
* 1 tbsp mustard
* 1 tsp all purpose flour
* ½ tsp salt (to taste)
* ½ tsp ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Season pork chops with sage, salt and pepper on all sides. Melt half of the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Pour in ½ cup of stock in the pan, cover and let simmer for 7 minutes until pork chops are cooked through, flipping halfway through. Remove from pan and transfer to a tray. Set aside.
2) Meanwhile, in a small sauté pan over medium heat, melt half of the remaining butter. Sauté corn until heated through. Stir in orange zest and pimiento. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Remove from heat and divide equally among 4 plates.
3) Make gravy by melting remaining butter in the same pan as the corn. Stir in rosemary and mustard. Sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring. Whisk in remaining stock and cook until thickened.
4) Top corn mixture with a pork chop and serve while hot with the gravy on the side.