Beef Shawarma Rice
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* ½ tsp ground turmeric
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ tsp ground black pepper
* 1 pack plain yogurt, around 125 grams
* 1 kilo beef, use beef sirloin, sliced thinly
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* steamed rice (to serve)
* 1 head lettuce, shredded
* 4 medium tomatoes, sliced and seeded
* 3 medium white onions, sliced
1) Combine cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper and yogurt in a bowl. Add beef and mix. Marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
2) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté beef. Add marinade and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
3) Portion rice among bowls. Top with lettuce, onions and beef.