* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 1 medium red onion, peeled, thinly sliced
* 1 tbsp ginger, peeled , grated
* ½ kilo beef (use breakfast steak) , sliced into strips
* 2 tbsp red curry paste
* 1 tbsp muscovado sugar
* 2 tbsp peanut butter
* ½ cup water
* 2 carrots, scrubbed clean, chopped
* ¾ cups coconut milk
* 1 cup green peas, thawed
* 1 can chickpeas (garbanzos), around 400 grams, drained
* steamed rice (to serve)
* cilantro (for garnish)
1) In a large wok over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and ginger and cook until fragrant. Toss in beef, until cooked through, a few seconds. Transfer beef to plate. Set aside.
2) Bring wok back to the heat. Add red curry paste, muscovado sugar, peanut butter and water. Add carrots and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until almost tender. Remove lid and let sauce reduce.
3) Stir in coconut milk. Toss in green peas and chickpeas. Cook until heated through. Return beef to work and stir. Taste and season with salt and ground black pepper, if needed. Serve with steamed rice.