Mexican Taco Rice
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 1 medium red onion, peeled , sliced
* 2 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
* 3 tomatoes, chopped
* ½ kilo ground beef
* 1 pack taco seasoning (around 40 grams)
* 1 tsp Spanish paprika
* 1 pack black beans (around 100 grams), rinsed drained
* 1 can red kidney beans (around 400 grams), drained
* 1 can sweet kernel corn (around 425 grams), drained
* ½ cup water
* 3 cups day old rice
* 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
* 1 quick melt cheese, grated
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) In a large saute pan over medium heat, Saute onion , then garlic and finally, tomatoes until softened.
2) Add ground beef. Let brown before stirring. Once cooked through, remove excess fat from the pan. Stir in taco seasoning and paprika and season to taste.
3) Add both beans and corn. Pour in water. Let simmer until almost dry. Toss in rice. Stir in cheese and lettuce before serving.