Baked Macaroni with Corned Beef
* 1 (500 gram) pack elbow macaroni
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 1 medium red onion, peeled, sliced
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
* 1 (380 gram) can corned beef
* 3 sliced hotdogs
* 2 (250 gram) packs tomato sauce
* 1 cup banana ketchup
* 1 cup edam cheese or queso de bola, grated
* 2 (225 gram) blocks quick melting cheese, grated
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350◦F.
2) Bring a pot of water, salted, to a boil. Add macaroni, stir and cook for 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
3) Meanwhile, in a wok over medium heat, heat oil. Saute onions until translucent. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add hotdogs then corned beef. Saute, stirring, until any liquid from the corned beef has evaporated. Pour in tomato sauce and banana ketchup; stir to combine. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
4) Transfer sauce into the bowl with pasta. Using two large spoons, toss to coat evenly. Dump pasta into a 13-inch x 9-inch glass baking dish and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle edam cheese and quick melting cheese on top. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 20 minutes , or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven and serve while hot.