Easy Chicken Mami
* 2 blocks tofu, halved horizontally
* 4 fillets chicken breast, skins removed
* 1 pack miki pancit noodles, rinsed
* 1 pack snow peas, strings removed, sliced
* 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
* 2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed
* 6 tbsp soup base, for chicken hot pot, divided
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* hot water (to serve)
* oil (for deep frying)
1) Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan. Fry tofu squares until browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Slice each square into 4 smaller squares. Set aside.
2) Meanwhile, season chicken breasts with salt and ground pepper. Place in a microwave proof container, pour in about ¼ cup water and cover without locking the lid into place. Cook in the microwave 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, checking at the 3-minute mark if cooked through. Remove from microwave. Using 2 forks, shred chicken into bite-sized pieces.
3) To serve, place 1 ½ tablespoon soup base in a bowl. Arrange noodles, tofu, chicken, snow peas, carrots and bean sprouts in the bowl. Pour about 2 cups hot water into each bowl, stir and serve immediately.