Marshmallow Topped Cracker Toffee
* 12 saltine crackers
* 1 cup butter, cubed
* 1 cup sugar
* ¼ tsp salt
* 3 cups marshmallow, small
1) Pre-heat oven to 400◦F.
2) Arrange crackers in a silicone pan mold or 9-inch square baking pan lined with silicone coated parchment paper with an overhang. Set aside.
3) Heat butter, sugar and salt in a heavy bottomed saucepan over low heat. Stir until mixture begins to simmer. Allow sugar to turn amber brown (300◦F on a candy thermometer or hard crack stage), stirring occasionally.
4) Pour toffee over prepared crackers, using spatula to spread mixture in an even layer.
5) Bake 5 minutes or until the toffee has bubbled and soaked through the crackers. Remove from oven, then layer marshmallows over crackers. Broil 1 minute or until marshmallows are puffed and beginning to brown. Cool on a cooling rack. Use scissors to cut into squares. Store in an air-tight container.