* 1 ¼ cup canola oil, divided, more for cooking
* 1 cup milk
* 3 large eggs
* ¾ cup all purpose flour
* ¼ tsp baking powder
* 3 tbsp butter, melted
* 1 cup orange sweet potatoes (kamote), peeled and cubed
* 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
* ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
* ¼ kg chicken thigh fillets, cubed
* ½ cup sweet kernel corn, drained
* 1 tbsp all purpose flour
* 1 cup chicken broth
* ½ cup condensed cream of mushroom soup
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Pre-heat oven to 400◦F. Pour 1/8 cup oil into each cup in a 12-cup cupcake pan. Place on a dip tray. Heat in the oven.
2) Meanwhile, make pop-over batter: In a large bowl, whisk eggs, flour, baking powder and melted butter until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. In hot cupcake pan, fill cupcake molds 2/3 full(mixture should sizzle). Return pan with dip tray underneath to the oven. Bake until puffed and browned, about 30 minutes, turning pan around halfway through. Keep warm until ready to serve.
3) Make filling: In a wok over medium heat, heat remaining oil. Cook camote, potato and peas until tender. Add chicken. Cook until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in flour, then chicken broth. Cook until thickened. Stir in soup. Season to taste.
4) To serve, place 2 popovers on a plate. Spoon chicken into pop overs and repeat with remaining pieces. Serve immediately.