* 200 grams dates, pitted , chopped
* ¾ tsp baking soda
* ¾ cup brown sugar
* 1 1/3 cup unsalted butter
* 2 medium eggs
* ½ cup walnuts, chopped, plus extra to top
* 1 cup self-rising flour
* dried cranberries (to top)
* ¼ cup butter
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1/3 cup dark rum
1) Pre-heat oven to 350◦F.
2) Combine dates and 1 ½ cup water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Add baking soda and stir. Remove from heat. Set aside.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, date mixture and nuts. Fold in flour.
4) Pour batter into 6 eggs and lightly floured mini Bundt molds until ¾ full. Place molds in a baking pan. Fill pan with hot water halfway up the molds. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
5) Make the butterscotch sauce: Combine all ingredients except rum in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add rum and simmer for 2 minutes.
6) Unmold then serve pudding topped with butterscotch sauce and garnish with walnuts and dried cranberries, if desired.