* 4 slices brioche, or white bread
* melted butter (to brush)
* 1 cup mascarpone cheese
* 1 tbsp honey
* 2 tbsp brandy
* 2 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread (use Nutella)
* whipped cream (to serve)
* ground cinnamon (to serve)
* 2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned
* 2 tbsp cane vinegar or coconut vinegar
* 1 cup sugar
* a pinch of ground cinnamon
* 1 tsp salt
* 3 bird’s eye chilies (siling labuyo)
* 1 star anise
* 2 cloves
1) Pre-heat oven to 350◦F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2) Slice bread into 1-inch cubes. Brush with butter. Arrange on baking tray in a single layer. Toast in the oven, turning halfway through baking, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Cool on tray.
3) Make the spicy strawberry jam: Toss strawberries, vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Let stand for 20 minutes. Transfer to a saucepot. Add cinnamon, salt, chilies, star anise and cloves. Simmer until thick, about 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
4) Combine mascarpone cheese, honey and brandy in a bowl. Mix well.
5) Spread Nutella on one side of half the bread cubes. Spread jam on remaining bread cubes.
6) Layer bread and mascarpone mixture in glasses. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon.