Miso Glazed Salmon
* 1 kilo salmon fillets
* 2 tbsp ginger juice, divided
* 1 tbsp mirin
* 2 tbsp Japanese brown miso paste
* ¼ cup sugar
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* chives, chopped (to garnish)
1) Rub salmon with 1 tablespoon ginger juice. Chill for 30 minutes.
2) Combine mirin and remaining ginger juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in miso paste and mix until smooth. Add sugar and 1 tablespoon water. Reduce heat to very low and simmer until thick, about 10 minutes.
3) Heat a grill pan until smoking. Add oil and cook salmon, skin side down, about 30 minutes. Turn salmon over and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when pierced with a fork. Make sure not to overcook it. (Note: Alternatively, after turning the salmon, you can finish cooking it in a 400◦F pre-heated oven.)
4) Transfer to a serving plate and brush with glaze. Sprinkle with chives.