Rainbow Puto with Cheese
* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 tsp baking powder
* ¼ cup butter, melted
* ½ cup evaporated milk
* 1 egg, at room temperature
* 1 ¼ cup water
* 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, sliced
* liquid food coloring (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
1) Lightly grease muffin pans or individual molds with oil. Prepare and set up your steamer.
2) In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar and baking powder together and whisk until combined. Add the butter, evaporated milk, egg and water. Mix well.
3) Divide batter into 6 small bowls. Place 3 to 4 drops of different colors liquid food coloring into each bowl and mix until combined. You can adjust the amount of food coloring to place until you get your desired colors.
4) Place ½ tablespoon of each colored puto mixture into individual molds (or greased muffin pans) until just about full. Add the cheese slices in the middle.
5) Prepare your steamer and arrange the molds inside. Place cover and on and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from steamer. Let stand for 5 minutes and unmold.