* 200 grams ground sirloin
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 small white onion, chopped
* 4 tbsp unsalted butter
* 4 tbsp flour
* beef broth
* 1/8 tsp nutmeg, grated
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
* 2 eggs, mixed with 1 teaspoon water
* 2 ½ cups Japanese breadcrumbs
1) Cook ground sirloin in oil, stirring, until browned. Set beef aside. Add olive oil to the same pan. Sauté white onion until soft. Stir in unsalted butter and flour; whisk until no lumps remain. Increase heat to medium. Whisk for a few more minutes. Pour in beef broth; simmer, whisking constantly, until thick. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
2) Stir in beef and grated nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Chill for 6 hours. Scoop into 1-inch balls. Dip in all purpose flour, eggs mixed with water, then in Japanese breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown. Serve with mustard.