Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Wings
* vegetable oil (to deep fry)
* 12 chicken wings
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* 1/3 cup all purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 3 tbsp butter
* 1 tbsp garlic, minced
* 1 bird’s eye chili, seeded and chopped
* 20 curry leaves or basil leaves
* 4 salted egg yolks, mashed
* 1 tsp yellow curry powder
* 1 tsp sugar
1) Pre-heat oil in a deep pan over high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2) Combine flour and baking powder. Dredge chicken in mixture. Deep fry until golden. Drain on wire rack.
3) Make the sauce: Heat butter in a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic, chilies and curry leaves. Add salted egg yolks, curry powder and sugar.
4) Toss in chicken wings and mix until coated.