Coconut Leche Flan
* ¾ cup white sugar
* 2 tbsp corn syrup
* 8 egg yolks
* ½ tsp vanilla flavor
* 1 (300 mL) can condensed milk
* ¾ cups coconut milk
* ½ cup coconut cream
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
2) Line a 2-3 inch deep baking pan with paper towels or a kitchen towel. Set aside.
3) Prepare the caramel by combining sugar and corn syrup in a pot. Cook over medium high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until dark golden amber in color. Pour caramel into ramekins/molds and set aside.
4) Prepare the custard by combining egg yolks , vanilla, condensed milk, coconut cream and coconut milk. Stir well, and then strain. Pour the custard into the ramekins/molds. Place each ramekin on the lined baking pan. Slowly and carefully add hot water to the pan until water reaches about half the height of the ramekins. Cover pan with foil and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until set.
5) Remove flan from oven and place on wire racks to cool to room temperature. Then chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Unmold before serving.