Cheesy Butter and Peanut Ice Cream
* 2 cups Arla Milk Goodness Lactose-free Full Cream Milk
* ½ cup Arla Lactose-free Fresh Cream Cheese
* 2 cups brown sugar
* 4 egg yolks
* 4 tbsp unsalted butter
* 2 tbsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup unsalted peanuts
1) In a medium saucepan, whisk together Arla Milk Goodness Lactose-free Full Cream Milk, brown sugar, egg yolks and salt.
2) Place the pan over medium heat, wait for it to simmer and whisk until the mixture thickens.
3) Strain mixture into a large bowl and whisk in butter until combined.
4) Add ½ cup of Arla Lactose-free Fresh Cream Cheese and vanilla extract.
5) Transfer the mixture in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
6) For the peanut topping: combine unsalted peanuts, sugar and butter – stirring constantly until the sugar has melted and browned.
7) Spread peanuts on a foil, let it cool and crack to bite-size pieces once cool.
8) After 2 hours, pour ice cream mixture into ice cream maker and process until thick.
9) Serve in small bowls or tall glasses and top with sugar peanuts.