Crab Mac and Cheese
* 1 (200 gram) pack elbow macaroni
* 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
* 2 tbsp all purpose flour
* 1 ¼ cups fresh milk
* 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, grated
* ½ cup cream cheese
* 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
* ½ tsp salt
* ½ tsp ground black pepper
* 1 pinch ground nutmeg
* 200 grams crabmeat, cooked or canned
* ½ cup breadcrumbs, toasted
* ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1) Pre-heat oven to 375˚F.
2) Add pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 2 minutes less than indicated in package directions. Drain and set aside.
3) Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Whisk constantly until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat then add cheddar cheese, cream cheese, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4) Add cooked pasta and crabmeat; stir well. Place mixture in individual ovenproof bowls or an 8-inch oval baking dish.
5) Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake until top is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.