Mashed Potatoes Casserole
* 2 kilos potatoes, peeled, cubed, boiled
* ½ cup butter, unsalted
* ½ cup whipping cream
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ tsp ground black pepper
* ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
* 2 egg yolks
* 1 small pack puff pastry sheets, thawed
* 1 egg white, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1) Pre-heat oven to 450˚F. Mash potatoes until smooth. Combine unsalted butter and whipping cream over medium heat; stir until smooth. Add salt, ground black pepper and ground nutmeg.
2) Pour mixture, egg yolks and grated Edam cheese and potatoes; mix until smooth. Season to taste with salt. Spoon into a deep baking dish; top with frozen puff pastry sheet. Crimp edges and make a slit on top. Brush with egg wash (1 egg white mixed with 1 tablespoon water) . Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and has risen slightly.