Chocolate Candy Cookies
* 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 ½ cup brown sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 ½ tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp fine sea salt
* 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
* 2 cups candy bar
1) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars on medium high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2) Add eggs and vanilla extract to the butter mixture; beat for 2 minutes.
3) Sift together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Add to the butter-egg mixture; mix just until everything is fully incorporated.
4) Add chocolate chips your candy of choice; mix by hand just until well distributed. Chill batter in the refrigerator for at least an hour or up to 36 hours.
5) When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 350˚F and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Shape dough, about 2 tablespoons each, into balls. (Note: you can also use a medium-sized ice cream scoop.) and place 2 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the pre-heated oven until the edges are nice and golden brown. Do not over bake.
6) Remove from the oven; allow cookies to stay on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool for at least 3 minutes before serving.