* 1 (250 mL) pack condensed milk
* 4 egg yolks
* ½ tsp vanilla flavor
* 3 tsp lemon juice
* ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp butter
* 2 to 3 tbsp instant coffee (optional)
1) Prepare a pot of hot simmering water for your brain marie or double boiler.
2) Combine condensed milk, egg yolks, vanilla and lemon juice in a heatproof bowl. Whisk until well incorporated. Place this bowl on top of your pot of water (make sure it doesn’t touch the water) and continue to whisk for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture thickens.
3) Add butter and continue to mix until butter is incorporated. Transfer to a jar or container and allow to cool. Spread on toast.