Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Soup
* 1 bone-in chicken breast, boiled or steamed
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 tbsp white onions, chopped
* 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
* 1 tbsp leeks, chopped, white part only
* 1 bay leaf
* 4 cups chicken stock
* 1 cube chicken bouillon (optional)
* ¼ cup carrots, sliced into 1-inch sticks
* 1 ½ cups pasta, cooked
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* parmesan cheese, grated
1) Shred chicken into pieces using your hands. Set aside.
2) Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté onions, garlic, leeks and bay leaf.
3) Add chicken stock and bouillon cube, if using. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve bouillon cube.
4) Add chicken, carrots, celery and cooked pasta; mix well. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Remove bay leaf. Divide soup among serving bowls. Top each bowl with grated cheese. Serve hot.