Cauliflower and Bacon Gratin
* 1 kilo cauliflower (3 to 4 heads), cut into large florets
* 2 tbsp unsalted butter
* 2 tbsp all purpose flour
* 1 ¼ cups milk
* 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
* ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
* 2 strips bacon, chopped and fried lightly
1) Pre-heat oven to 375◦F.
2) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook cauliflower florets over medium high-heat for about 5 minutes. Drain then set aside.
3) Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Set aside half of the melted butter. Add flour, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk, stirring and allow mixture to boil. Whisk constantly until thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cheddar cheese and about 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Pour some of the sauce into an 8-inch oval baking dish. Add cauliflower, then top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and drizzle with remaining melted butter. Top with bacon.
5) Bake in the pre-heated oven until top bubbles, about 15 minutes.